Designing Innovative Electronic Musical Instruments
Designing Innovative Electronic Musical Instruments
AdrenaLinn Sync Support
As of April 22, 2015,I have discontinued selling AdrenaLinn Sync and stopped further development. Why? For two reasons:
1) I don't know how to write plug-ins, so AdrenaLinn Sync was developed in conjunction with a small software developer called Way Out Ware (Jim Heintz). I created the design, graphics and presets and Jim did all the underlying code. Unfortunately, Jim's been so busy that between 2012 and 2015, he was unable to deliver a working 64-bit AU version (much less a VST or AAX version), and which also corrects the current installer's problem of not being able to install into OS X Yosemite. Though he's delivered some intermediate versions, he was never able to finish it. And he will not give me access to the source code in order to have someone else do it.
2) As of 2015, our copy protection provider more than tripled their annual fee to $5000, which is about double my current annual income from AdrenaLinn Sync sales.
So with a current version that is only 32-bit and won't install into OS X Yosemite, with no update from Way Out Ware, and with annual sales having declined to being about half my annual cost of continuing copy protection, I decided to discontinue AdrenaLinn Sync in April of 2015. At that time, I sent emails to existing customers informing them about this and that activations on new computers would be possible only until May 10, 2016. Any computers that were activated prior to this date will continue to work within AdrenaLinn Sync's limitation as a 32-bit plug-in.
I will continue to provide support. Please check the Frequently Asked Questions below or the Quick Start Guide, downloadable at left. If you don't find your answer, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a clear description of the problem.
Most problems will be because:
1) AdrenaLinn Sync can't be installed or your license code activated on new computers.
2) On computers in which your license code was activated prior to May 10, 2016, AdrenaLinn Sync will continue to run but only as a 32-bit plug-in and therefore not in DAWs that are 64-bit only.
- Roger Linn
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: AdrenaLinn Sync does not work on my computer, or doesn't process audio. Why?
A: We discontinued AdrenaLinn Sync on April of 2015, and activations of your license code were not possible after May 10, 2016. If it was installed and activated prior to that date, it should still work as a 32-bit plug-in if you DAW accepts 32-bit plug-ins. To check whether AdrenaLinn Sync is running on an active license, add it to a track and look in the center-right area of the AdrenaLinn Sync panel. It should show "This copy is licensed." If it shows anything else, it cannot be made to work.
Q: I guess I didn't see your email about AdrenaLinn Sync being discontinued and not being able to activate it on new computers after May 10, 2016. Can you please make an exception and allow me to install and activate AdrenaLinn Sync on my computer just this one time?
A: Unfortunately, my copy protection provider would require me paying a $5,000 annual fee to activate AdrenaLinn Sync on even one computer, which is too much to pay.
Q: AdrenaLinn Sync doesn't show up in my plug-ins list in my recording software. What's wrong?
A: First, are you looking in your "plug-in Instruments" list? If so, AdrenaLinn Sync is not an "instrument" but rather a normal audio processing plug-in. So please look in your "plug-ins" list in your DAW for AdrenaLinn Sync v2.
If you can't find it in your DAW's plug-ins list (not its "Instruments plug-ins" list), please check to see that AdrenaLinn Sync v2 was properly installed in your computer's "plug-ins" folders. Unless you changed the destination folders during AdrenaLinn Sync's installation process, the various plug-in formats would have been installed in the following industry-standard locations:
AU: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.component
VST: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.vst
RTAS: Macintosh Hard Disk/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.dpm
VST: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\AdrenaLinn Sync v2.dllAdrenaLinnSyncv2.dpm
RTAS: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\AdrenaLinnSyncv2.dpm
If you do find the plug-in in the above folders, then your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software (i.e., Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, Sonar, etc.) isn't finding it. Perhaps you need to refresh the plug-in list within your DAW. Or perhaps you've changed the settings within your DAW so that it looks for plug-ins in different folders that the industry-standard locations shown above.
Q: When I start Logic in 64 bit mode, I don't see AdrenaLinn Sync v2 in the plug-in list. What's wrong?
A: AdrenaLinn Sync v2 is a 32-bit plug-in. To run it in 64-bit Logic, first run Logic in 32-bit mode. (Select the Logic application, select Get Info, and check "Open in 32 bit mode".) This will register all 32 bit plug-ins for later use in 64-bit Logic. Then quit, uncheck "Open in 32 bit mode" and restart Logic. AdrenaLinn Sync v2 will now appear in your plug-ins list.
Q: How do I uninstall AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 on Mac?
A: Delete the following files:
* Macintosh Hard Disk/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.vst
* Macintosh Hard Disk/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.component
* Macintosh Hard Disk/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/AdrenaLinn Sync v2.dpm
When you installed AdrenaLinn Sync, our installer also added a startup item for the Nalpeiron copy protection system that we use. If you have no other applications that use Nalpeiron, then deleting the following folder will slightly decrease your startup time:
* Macintosh Hard Disk/Library/StartupItems/ProTec6